Monday, December 25, 2006

Papers

This is an in-development piece of software (only for Macs) to manage a digital collection of articles. It's called Papers, and it bears a striking similarity to iTunes, which I think will be an advantage, since many people are already familiar with the user interface. It looks like it will automatically retreive author, title and journal info from PubMed, which is a great help to me - I have tons of articles on my computer named something like sd-article178465749.pdf. I rely heavily on Spotlight to find articles on my computer, but after this comes out, maybe I won't have to.

**UPDATE** - Papers is now in its third public preview stage, and ArsTechnica has written a very comprehensive review.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms.PhD said...

Is it out now??? I can't wait to try it. I use the DNA sequence reader written by these same guys, and it's a nice little tool, beautiful interface, no bugs.

12/31/2006 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home